In 1998 John was awarded the ‘Ken Dodd Presidents Trophy’ for ‘Best New Magical Comedy Entertainer’. In February 2000 John took part in The British magical Championships and was awarded ‘British Magical Champion of Comedy.’ In November 2002 at ‘The Magic Circle Awards Banquet’ John was promoted to ‘Member of the Inner Magic Circle – with gold star’ and was awarded ‘The Carlton Comedy Award’ for outstanding use of Comedy and Magic. In 2003 John was awarded the “Senator Crandall Award for Comedy” at Abbot’s convention in the USA.
John was Derren Brown’s magician of choice when planning his father’s 70th Birthday party.
John Recently appeared on the TV show “Penn and Teller – Fool Us.” Hosted by Jonathon Ross on ITV1, where he successfully fooled magical greats Penn & Teller and won an all expenses paid trip to Las Vegas to perform with them at the Rio Hotel.
JOHN’S CLIENTS INCLUDE:
British Gas, Cannon UK, Ford, Jaguar, Philips, Vodafone, Mercedes, BMW, Proctor & Gamble, Wilkinson Sword, Pinder Set, CSE. ICI, Capital One, and many UK Universities.
- Help My School Trip is Magic (writer and performer) - CBBC
- Help My Supply Teacher is Still Magic BAFTA (writer and performer) - CBBC Help My supply Teacher is Magic (writer and performer) - CBBC
- Penn and Teller – Fool Us. Hosted by Jonathon Ross – ITV1
- Undercover Magic - Sky1
- Rosed’or TV Awards 2005 – Scriptwriter.
- The Impressionable Jon Cullshaw (Writing an appearing) ITV1
- Claverdeek (Short film) (Appearing) - BBC2
- Give us a clue (Appearing) - BBC1
- The Sketch Show BAFTA Series 1 and 2 - (Writer) -ITV1
- Alter Ego (Writing and appearing with Jon Cullshaw) – ITV1
- Fluke (Writing and appearing) - Ch4
- It’s A Knockout Series 2 (Writer) - Ch5
- It’s A Knockout Christmas Show ‘99’ -Ch5
- The Tim Vine Christmas Present (writing and appearing.) – Ch5
- Whittle (Writer) - Ch5
- Not The Jack Docherty Show (Writing and appearing) - Ch5
- Fort Boyard (Writer) – Challenge TV
- Fort Boyard - All around the World. (Writer.) – Challenge TV
- Stand up Live – LiveTV
- Dutch Milk Advertisement - Dutch TV
INTERNATIONAL APPEARANCES INCLUDE:
France, Spain, Denmark, Iceland, Finland, USA, Curacao, Venezuela, South Africa, Japan, Kosovo, Oman, Egypt, Crete, Philippines, Cyprus, Malasia, Afghanistan, Malta, The Falklands.
“John Archer will blow your mind. He is the Funniest man I know. Seeing him perform is Guaranteed to be one of the BEST experiences of your life!” DYNAMO - Magician Impossible
“You could put John Archer anywhere and he would kill an audience” PENN JILLETTE - Penn & Teller
"Booking an act for my Dad's 70th birthday, I wanted a great act and went straight to John Archer- his reputation in the magic world is among the very best. I was so pleased he was able to do it, and he absolutely brought the house down. It was brilliant, hysterically funny, and perfectly pitched for the occasion. He made the evening. I'd recommend him unreservedly." DERREN BROWN - TV Magician and Psychological Illusionist
“Powerful and incredibly entertaining” - 5 stars. Edinburgh Evening News
''It saddens me that in leaving the fulltime professional world of television when I did, I forsook the opportunity to make John Archer into a star. Without doubt he represents for the new century what Paul Daniels did back in the eighties. Strong magic and great comedy seldom come in the same package. If Eric Morecambe - with an added touch of Les Dawson - had been born a magician, he would have been John Archer. His star must and will shine soon. Promoted carefully, he could even be as big as Tommy Cooper. '' JOHN FISHER – former Head of Entertainment, Thames Television'
"John Archer is so funny that it takes you a while to realise that he's also an outstandingly original and innovative magician. He is the outstanding magical entertainer of his generation” GEOFFREY DURHAM – Magician and TV personality.
"Brilliant" BILL COTTON (Former head of the BBC.)
“John Archer is charming, disarming and easy to like” THE SCOTSMAN (EDINBURGH FESTIVAL)
"Go and see this man live before television ruins him. Pure magic, pure class.” GAVIN YATES (BBC News Website.)
“John Archer is the exception to the myriad of foul-mouthed, offensive contemporaries. Eschewing political satire and sexist smut, he makes his mark with more traditional, throwaway gags, a smidgen of music and teasingly inventive magic tricks.” THE LIST. (EDINBURGH FESTIVAL)